Welcome to Toly
The Toly Group remains privately owned and continues to focus on the beauty industry. Over the past few years, we have expanded our reach across the world and have diversified our product base to include all types of make-up, skincare, fragrance and promotional packaging.
These products are either produced in our own factories or through our global network of trading partners.
Toly offers a vast range of solutions and services that cater to the needs of any cosmetic company in the packaging industry, be it big or small. These services include Toly Research, Toly Design Studio, Manufacturing and a full-service solution designated to speed-to-market. The combination of our services and core values results in the unique Toly Experience we provide.
We are a people company with a strong family spirit. Toly is a way of life.
We are passionate about work, passionate about our people and passionate about packaging.
We have an enormous sense of ambition and pride in seeing our people develop, our company develop and our products being used by the world's leading brands.
Innovation is in our DNA. We aim to be the most creative company in packaging. These products are either produced in our own factories or through our global network or trading partners.
Dr.Zoli Gatesy, a toolmaker, escaped his native country, Hungary, and headed to the UK as a refugee.
The entrepreneur established a company in the UK creating building tools and injection moulding for the toy industry.
He began looking for alternative manufacturing locations.
Toly Products in Malta was founded with a commitment to employing 40 people.
A corporate decision was taken to specialise in the production of compacts for face powders, blushers and eyeshadows.
Zoli’s son, Andy, joined the business.
Toly’s UK sales and international network of agencies were reorganised. During this period, Toly set its sights on the US market and started a company in America.
Toly France started operating in Paris. The number of employees grew to over 100 in the UK and 300 in Malta.
Toly invested in new state-of-the-art technology in order to bring a U.V. lacquering line in-house. As a result, Toly started delving into fragrance packaging.
Andy Gatesy took over the chairmanship of the Toly Group.
Toly BV was opened as a new sales office in the Netherlands to cover the Benelux and German-speaking markets.
Toly Malta achieved ISO 9002 certification.
- Toly experienced rapid growth. At this point, the company had diversified its key customer base to include prestigious international brands such as: Chanel, Elizabeth Arden, Estee Lauder, Avon, Boots and The Body Shop.
- Toly formed a strategic alliance with Geka Brush of Germany to provide global customer support and a range of complementary products.
Toly rebuilt its manufacturing plant in Malta, investing in an air-conditioned, clean room assembly.
- All Toly companies were consolidated into a formal group- Toly Group International Aps. based in Denmark.
- The Toly/Geka alliance accepted Sinwa, its Japanese partner as a full alliance member.
Toly installed its second U.V. lacquering plant in Malta.
Toly launched its Innovation Academy with a strong focus upon creativity in packaging.
Toly Malta achieved ISO9001/2000 certification by Moody’s.
Toly opened a joint venture manufacturing plant in Shenzhen, China – Toly China.
Toly expanded in Asia with the opening of 3 new offices:
- Toly Asia in Hong Kong
- Toly Korea in Seoul
- Toly India in New Delhi
- Toly moved its development site from the UK to Malta and relocated its UK offices at Marlow.
- Andy Gatesy was honoured by the Malta Government and made an honorary member of the National Order of Merit for his service to Malta.
- Toly opens a new manufacturing plant in Dehradun, India to cater for the Indian cosmetics industry.
- Toly invested in a joint venture in South Korea to form TAP – Toly Airless Packaging.
- Toly-Geka alliance was terminated. However, Sinwa of Japan remained a strategic alliance partner and Toly launched its new strategy for mascara and lipgloss.
- Toly opened a new US office in Waterbury, Connecticut.
- Toly opened a sales office in Italy to focus upon an Italian customer base.
- Toly Asia formed a new company in Shenzhen (TASZ) to support logistics and quality for its trading business and also to sell locally in the China market.
- TAP - Toly Airless Packaging, moved to a brand new factory in South Korea.
- Creation of Beauty Source, an online research and analysis website, a multicultural beauty hub which targets make-up lovers and beauty entrepreneurs across all social media platforms.
- Toly Malta celebrated 40 years of successful operations.
- Susie Gatesy, co-founder of the Toly Group of Companies, passed away on May 9th.
- Toly opened new sales offices in Sao Paulo, Brazil and Los Angeles California.
- Toly signed an agency agreement with Hung Hing in Hong Kong to represent them for the luxury packaging business.
- Toly agreed an agency with Inoac to represent its heavy walled blow moulded packs in the European market.
- Toly formed a new division to focus upon mascara. TOLY Mascara Division (TMD) is based in Italy.
- Mary Kay awarded Toly as the Supplier of the Year in the category of packaging.
- Toly Group exit India to focus upon more profitable business units.
Toly Management Ltd., moves to new Corporate Offices in Malta and opens its Innovation Centre.
- Toly Korea continues to expand their business and in August, they moved into brand new larger offices.
- Toly opens a brand new factory in Korea – TKM Toly Korea Manufacturing.
- Toly celebrates the 10th Anniversary of Toly China factory and opened a brand new lacquering and metallizing plant.
- Toly celebrates 45 years of manufacturing in Malta.
- Toly opens a sales office in Los Angeles, California.
- Toly Asia moves to new offices in Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
- Toly Korea opened a new innovation centre in their impressive office in Korea.
- Toly expands its capacity in Korea with a brand new factory - TKM.
- Toly launched Toly Design studio offering brands a 360 full design service for primary and secondary packaging.
- Beauty Trill was born – a one stop shop, providing trilling innovative packaging with innovative formulations.
- Rebranding of Beauty Source platform.
- Toly partnership with Hung Hing.
- Launch of Toly Deluxe, Toly’s cardboard division focusing entirely on Paper packaging.
Toly builds a brand new factory in Malta.
- Toly’s new state of the art factory opens it’s doors in Malta.
- Toly x CVA Silicone join forces to disrupt the beauty applicator world.